What will I learn?
As part of the apprenticeship, you’ll learn:
- Foundation level theories and models that underpin effective adult learning and group behaviour
- How different learning delivery channels – face-to-face, blended or digital – contribute to effective learning
- How to measure the impact of a learning intervention on delegates, eg L1/L2 Kirkpatrick, improvement in skills
- How diversity and inclusion influences the planning and delivery of L&D interventions
- The commercial context, drivers and process behind learning needs and solutions
- The policies and processes required for effective organisation learning
- How technology supports learning, including understanding of digital platforms / delivery channels
- How to identify and analyse learning needs: establish team and individual capability and learning gaps, in line with organisational performance outcomes and to enable effective evaluation
- Use sound questioning and active listening skills to understand requirements and establish root causes ie establishing that it really is a learning/training need, before developing L&D solutions
- How to design, construct and structure training / learning resources to meet a variety of needs
- How to develop materials and resources to support learning
- How to monitor a learner’s progress and deliver motivational and developmental feedback
- The effective use of coaching skills to enable learners to achieve
- How to build evaluation mechanisms for learning outcomes including the use of quantitative and qualitative feedback where appropriate
- How to communicate and influence through a range of media e.g. phone, face-to-face, online, adapting your style to your audience
- Responsiveness and flexibility to changing business and learner needs
- Personal resilience to manage competing priorities
You’ll be assessed by:
- A professional discussion – this method has two components. You’ll need to complete a work-based project before progressing onto a 60 minute discussion based on it.
- A presentation and Q&A based on your learning journal – 20 minute presentation, presenting key points from the learning journal followed by a 25 minute Q&A.
N.B. 20% of the training must be off the job training – details of the elements included in the 20% off the job training are available on request.
A minimum of maths and English GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent or the ability to achieve a Level 2 functional skill.
You must achieve Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the final assessment.
- Learners with an EHCP will be reviewed on an individual basis
Career and progression
Once you’ve completed this apprenticeship, you may be eligible to apply for associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or other professional bodies.
You can also go on to further training, including the Higher Level 5 CIPD Learning and Development Diploma.
With these qualifications you will be able to progress onto a wide range of career options, including:
- Internal quality assurer
- Learning and development manager
- Learning and development consultant
Contact a tutor