Totton College is part of Nacro, a social justice charity. Nacro’s Qualification Achievement Rate for 2014/15 was above the national average for both 16-18 and 19+ students:
|Nacro 66.9%||Nacro 88.2%|
|Provider type 65.6%||Provide type 86.8%|
|National 79.8%||National 87.0%|
Our Ofsted rating
Our education centres are rated ‘Good’ (Grade 2) by Ofsted, in recognition of the support and care that learners receive from us.
Here are some of the things Ofsted said about us after their latest inspection.
- Learners gain greater confidence and self-esteem while they study at Nacro. They improve their personal and social skills very effectively and increase their chances of getting a job or continuing in education.
- Learners receive very good support and care. They enable many who face significant barriers to learning to participate effectively and make good progress.
- Expert senior leaders, supported well by Nacro’s trustees, provide strong leadership. They successfully drive rapid improvement towards ambitious targets.
- Significant, well planned and targeted investment is providing learners with good, well-equipped classrooms and workshops.
Investors in People
Nacro’s operational services have been IIP accredited since 2000 and received IIP Silver accreditation in 2017. The award is a testament to Nacro’s:
- clear strategy and commitment to continue investing in training and employee engagement activities
- hard working managers across the organisation who ensure effective communication, engagement, performance management and development for teams and individuals
- culture of working together towards our vision and mission, living the organisational values and uniting with a shared purpose of improving the lives of our learners and service users
- ability to respond to change, especially following the merger between Nacro and Totton College which saw the college becoming an important part of Nacro, with colleagues working together with the same high standards and approach across the board