What will I learn?
Modules that you’ll take include:
- UNIT 001 Professional development using reflective practice and study skills
- UNIT 002 Child development and the effective use of observation and assessment
- UNIT 003 Principles of safeguarding and health and safety of children
- UNIT 004 Promoting children’s health and welfare and their diversity, equality and inclusion in the early years sector
- UNIT 005 Theories that underpin practice in the early years sector
- UNIT 006 Model, promote and support positive behaviour and transitions
- UNIT 007 Working in partnership with parents and other professionals
- UNIT 008 Promote children’s speech, language and communication development
- UNIT 009 Supporting children’s activities, play, creative development and educational programmes
You’ll be assessed by:
- A professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio of work
- A knowledge test
You’ll also need to complete a Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) or a Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF).
N.B. 20% of the training must be off the job training – details of the elements included in the 20% off the job training are available on request.
A minimum of maths and English GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent or the ability to achieve a Level 2 functional skill.
You must achieve Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the final assessment.
- Learners with an EHCP will be reviewed on an individual basis
Career and progression
Once you’ve completed this apprenticeship, you can go on to further training, including:
- Level 4 Advanced Practitioner I Early Years
- Level 5 Senior Practitioner For Early Years
- Foundation Degree in Early Years
This course opens the way for careers as:
- Room leader
- Reception class teaching assistant
- Play therapist
Contact a tutor
Make an enquiry