This qualification can prepare you for employment in Health or Social Care. It offers a practical and relevant start if you are interested in a career in Health and Social Care. It gives you the opportunity to develop a range of skills essential for working life.
You will study 8 units which are all directly relevant to Health and Social Care work. There are 4 core and 4 optional units:
You will study eight units from the following:
- Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development
- Unit 2: Health and Social Care Values
- Unit 3: Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Unit 4: Social Influences on Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 5: Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 6: The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 7: Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Unit 8: Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Unit 9: Healthy Living
- Unit 10: Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Unit 12: Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
How will I be assessed?
There is no examination for this course, you will be assessed through written and practical assignments and can gain Pass, Merit or Distinction. Assignments cover a range of assessments such as essays, presentations, videos, discussions and posters.
Four grade Ds at GCSE or Level 1 qualification at Merit or higher. A Disclosing and Barring Service (DBS) check is required, this must be applied for before embarking on the course or during enrolment.
This is planned on a year-by-year basis according to local opportunities, but we normally have a range of outside speakers from the local field of Health & Social Care. In addition, we arrange trips to appropriate Health & Social Care settings.
What can I do next?
This course can help you progress to a Level 3 qualification such as BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care. Additionally, this course can lead to junior level positions in a wide variety of career areas including care homes, nursing, occupational therapy, chiropody, social and community work.
Contact a tutor
Make an enquiry