What will I learn?
During the apprenticeship, you’ll develop a range of skills in the following areas:
- Leading people – including different leadership styles and the benefits of coaching, as well as understanding organisational cultures, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Managing people – including people and team management models; HR systems and legal requirements; performance management techniques; absence management and providing constructive feedback, etc.
- Building relationships – including approaches to relationship management and how to facilitate cross-team working.
- Communication – including different forms of communication and their application; how to chair meetings, hold challenging conversations, provide constructive feedback and raise concerns.
- Operational management – including how organisational strategy is developed; implementing operational/team plans; managing resources and change within the team; data management and the use of different technologies in business.
- Project management – understand the project lifecycle and roles and how to deliver a project, including managing resources, identifying risks/issues and using relevant project management tools.
- Finance – including organisational governance and compliance; how to deliver value for money and monitor budgets.
- Management of self – including time management techniques/tools, how to prioritise activities and approaches to planning.
- Decision making – including problem solving and decision making techniques, and how to analyse data to support decision making.
- Communication – including effective communication; how to chair meetings and present to team and management; active listening and provision of constructive feedback.
You’ll be assessed in several ways, including:
- Test of knowledge using scenarios with questions
- Competency-based interview
- Assessment of portfolio of evidence
- Professional discussion relating to CPD activity
N.B. 20% of the training must be off the job training – details of the elements included in the 20% off the job training are available on request.
A minimum of maths and English GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent or the ability to achieve a Level 2 functional skill.
You must achieve Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the final assessment.
- Learners with an EHCP will be reviewed on an individual basis
Career and progression
Once you’ve completed this apprenticeship, you can go on to further training, including:
- CMI Management Level 5
- Operational and Departmental Management Level 5
You’ll also be able to register as associate member of the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, to support your professional career development and progression.
Contact a tutor
Make an enquiry