What will I learn?
You’ll do 8 mandatory units, including:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide electrical epilation treatments
You’ll also get the chance to select a number of optional units, which may include:
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Plan and provide airbrush make-up
- Provide single eyelash extension treatments
- Provide UV tanning services
- Provide Indian head massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Provide self-tanning services
- Provide female intimate waxing services
- Provide male intimate waxing services
- Provide stone therapy treatments
You’ll be assessed by:
- A portfolio of course work/evidence reviewed by an assessor and qualified by an IQA
- Observations made by an assessor
N.B – 20% of the training must be off the job training – Classification of elements included into the 20% off the job training is available on request
A minimum of maths and English GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent or the ability to achieve a Level 2 functional skill.
You must achieve Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the final assessment.
- Learners with an EHCP will be reviewed on an individual basis
Career and progression
With this diploma, you can progress onto CMI Management (as a salon manager).
Alternatively, you could become an independent beauty therapist, salon manager, make up artist, electrolysis therapist or masseur/masseuse.
Contact a tutor
Make an enquiry