We work with employers to help young people gain the right skills through qualifications, apprenticeships and training programmes. These apprenticeships are for you if you want to progress into a job in the beauty industry. You will work as a beauty therapist, carrying out treatments including waxing, manicure, pedicure, facials and make-up activities as well as assisting with spa operations.
Learners completing an apprenticeship will undertake roles such as or beauty therapist, electrolysis, masseur/masseuse or make-up artists. Careers may take place in a variety of locations including beauty salons, hospitals, care homes, cruise ships, spas and health clubs or working freelance. This course will deliver the skills and knowledge required to be able to independently perform the treatments listed.
What will I learn?
This course will deliver 8 mandatory units:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide electrical epilation treatments
You will also select a number of optional units selected from:
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Plan and provide airbrush make-up
- Provide single eyelash extension treatments
- Provide UV tanning services
- Provide Indian Head Massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Provide self-tanning services
- Provide female intimate waxing services
- Provide male intimate waxing services
- Provide stone therapy treatments
How will I learn?
In order to achieve this qualification within the 18-month timescale, a minimum of 30 working hours per week should be achieved.
The qualification may be lengthened should the working hours full below this.
This qualification is made up of a total of 65 credits.
55 credits make up the mandatory units.
Further 10 credits to be selected from the 10optional units.
You will be assessed by:-
Creating a portfolio of course work/ evidence reviewed by an assessor and qualified by an IQA
Observations made by an assessor
N.B – 20% of the training must be off the job training – Classification of elements included into the 20% off the job training is available on request
Ideally, the apprentice will have achieved grades 9 – 4 (A* – C) in Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent), however we can provide support to obtain this level of qualification through functional skills training.
Each Apprentice will be required to supply their own equipment – Kit List available on request
Will I be employed by the business?
On completion of the Level 3 Beauty Therapy Diploma you could consider progression onto:
- CMI Management (As a salon manager)
Alternatively, you can start your career as:
- Independent Beauty Therapist
- Salon Manager
- Makeup Artist
- Electrolysis therapist