What will I learn?
There are 8 mandatory units, which are:
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce the risk to health and safety
- Promote additional services or products to client
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
You’ll also select a number of optional units, which may include:
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Carry out ear piercing
- Provide make-up services
- Enhance appearance using skin camouflage
- Assist with spa operations
- Provide threading services
You’ll be assessed by:
- A portfolio of course work/evidence reviewed by an assessor and qualified by an IQA
- Observations made by an assessor
N.B. – 20% of the training must be off the job training – Classification of elements included into the 20% off the job training is available on request
A minimum of Maths and English GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent or the ability to achieve a Level 2 functional skill.
You must achieve Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the final assessment.
- Learners with an EHCP will be reviewed on an individual basis
Career and progression
After this diploma, you can progress onto the Level 3 Beauty Therapy qualification. Alternatively, you can look for employment as a beauty therapist or make up artist.
Contact a tutor
Make an enquiry