If you are looking for a Motor Vehicle Maintenance course in the Southampton area, our courses are an ideal stepping stone into a job as a mechanic. You can learn the skills that most garages are looking for. Delivered in our fully-equipped motor vehicle service unit, we’ll take you through the basics of vehicle maintenance, help you improve your knowledge of components and part fitting, and give you plenty of hands on experience.
What courses can I choose?
|Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair||Intermediate, Advanced||Apprenticeship|
|Light Vehicle Maintenance||1, 2, 3||Diploma|
What will I learn?
- The functions and components of vehicles, including engines, chassis, transmissions, basic electrical systems
- Health and safety around vehicles and on the road
- Removal and fitting of parts
- Basic checks leading to advanced diagnostics
What qualification will I have?
You’ll have a diploma.
How do I complete the course?
You’ll be assessed through visual observation, questioning techniques, an online test and assignments.
What can I do next?
With your qualification, you can apply for a job as a:
- tyre fitter
- roadside assistance mechanic
Alternatively you can learn a related course at a higher level or apply for an apprenticeship in a related work area.