What courses can I choose?
|Introduction to Vehicle Technology||E3||Award||IMIAL|
|Motor Vehicle Technology Level 1 |
Motor Vehicle Technology Level 2
Motor Vehicle Technology Level 3
|1, 2, 3||Diploma||IMIAL|
|Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair||Intermediate, Advanced||Apprenticeship|
What will I learn?
- The functions and components of vehicles, including engines, chassis, transmissions, basic electrical systems
- Health and safety around vehicles and on the road
- Removal and fitting of parts
- Basic checks leading to advanced diagnostics
What qualification will I have?
You’ll have a diploma.
How do I complete the course?
You’ll be assessed through visual observation, questioning techniques, an online test and assignments.
What can I do next?
With your qualification, you can apply for a job as a:
- tyre fitter
- roadside assistance mechanic
Alternatively you can learn a related course at a higher level or apply for an apprenticeship in a related work area.