We would like to reassure you that despite the current challenging situation, Nacro is focused on ensuring that Totton College students continue to receive the best possible education. All of our staff are working incredibly hard to deliver our planned curriculum, support our young people in relation to their health and well-being and maintain the high standards of cleanliness of the facilities.
We have already taken a series of positive steps with our students to educate them about the outbreak and to safeguard the environment that they learn in. These include:
- Sharing information to educate our students about the virus and the steps that we can all take to prevent infection via our progress coaching time.
- A campaign of advice posters around the centre in corridors and in classrooms
- Good supply of washroom hygiene products and hand towels and waste management
- Reminding students about who they can go to for advice and help if feeling worried.
In addition to this:
- Managers and staff have met to discuss our next steps in the event of a closure.
- Staff have been preparing a bank of paper and online resources that will be made available to support learning. This will be available for Apprentices via Onefile.
This week, we plan to show and help students plan for any self-study.
Assessors are contacting learners to arrange online skype or telephone reviews and one-to-one meetings. This can also be arranged for employer and learner reviews.
In the light of latest Government guidance, we have taken the decision to postpone the Apprenticeship Awards that was planned for Wednesday 25 March. We will be planning to reschedule this for early July 2020.
We will continue to review the situation on a daily basis taking advice and guidance from Public Health England and the Department for Education. Closure is permissible if advised directly by the government and should this event occur we will write to you again and we will provide to your apprentice with guidance and materials so that they can continue their education at home. Rest assured we are planned for every eventuality.
We are, as ever, incredibly grateful for your support and would urge you to continue to encourage your daughter, son or Apprentice to be resilient and focused on their education.
Should you wish to discuss any particular concerns about Apprenticeships, please contact Debra McDermott, Head of Apprenticeships email@example.com.
Director of Education & Skills
Totton College – Centre Lead
For the latest official information, visit gov.uk/dfe
Follow Department for Education on social media: