Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
Totton College has a qualified Careers Advisor, and NACRO have received the Matrix Award for Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) services. Students can book appointments for 1:1 advice and guidance on careers and progression. In addition, careers advice and information on progression opportunities is available through our careers software, that students can access at college and at home.
Students can access impartial advice and guidance about a range of progression options including Traineeships, Apprenticeships (including higher and degree apprenticeships), T-Levels, Supported Internships and Higher Education. More information on qualifications can be found here on the Ofqual website. The College also provides a support through a careers education programme, which includes a range of educational activities, webinars, and events.
- Career fairs and virtual events
- Guest Speakers and specialist external agencies
- Online Careers Software
- Individual Learning reviews with progress coaches
- Attendance at industry events (e.g., Uniformed Services, EGX)
- UCAS/HE events
- Work Experience
- Preparation for working life sessions and events
Parents and carers are actively encouraged to support the decision-making process of their children, and to this end there are opportunities for parents to speak with advisers and progress coaches during the academic year. If you would like to contact us, then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Learners can also use the National Careers Service regardless of age, qualifications, or employment status. The National Careers Service can be reached by calling 0800 100 900 to speak to an adviser (Lines are available from 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am – 5pm on Saturday) or via their website. The National Careers Service will be able to give learners independent advice and guidance by phone, post, e-mail and webchat or they can put you in touch with local advisers.
We understand the importance of work experience and employer contact in developing learner’s skills, knowledge and understanding of various workplaces and opportunities. This also complements careers education and advice throughout the year, as students reflect on their placements and their experiences.
Totton College has developed excellent relationships with local, regional, and national employers to provide opportunities for students to undertake work experience placements during their course. We have a regular schedule of speakers who either come into college or do virtual presentations.
If you are an employer who would like to speak to our team or get involved in our careers programme, then please contact us at email@example.com or call 023 80 874 874.
Application for Provider Access
The arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the college for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer are shown below. This complies with the college’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All students from are entitled:
- To find out about full-time technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through careers events, employer talks, group discussions and taster sessions
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses
Provider access requests should be made by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download our mission statement here.