You will gain expertise in techniques such as; colouring, cutting, perming and dressing hair and gain the qualifications to enable you to carry out hairdressing services. You will leave the course understanding more about the hairdressing industry and ready for work.
You will study a range of units alongside the anatomy and physiology and the science behind each technical service:
- Working in the Hair & Beauty industry – Research other treatments and services relevant to the industry as well as understanding working practices.
- Follow H&S in the salon.
- Client care & communication.
- Shampoo & Condition the Hair & Scalp – Including massage techniques.
- Plaiting and twisting hair – You will also explore cultural hair diversity and how hair can be considered as an expression of individuality.
- Promote products and services to Clients.
- Cut Women’s Hair – Cut women’s hair into basic one length, uniform layered and graduated looks.
- Colour and Lighten Hair – Learn colour application of full head, regrowth, pulled through and woven highlights using basic techniques.
- Perm and Neutralise Hair – Understand different winding techniques.
- The Art of Dressing Hair – Blow-drying, setting and finger drying.
- Create an image based on a theme within the Hair & Beauty sector – To be presented either in a photo shoot or competition.
A combination of written, oral, practical and online assessments.
A Level 1 Hairdressing qualification or industry experience.
A kit and a uniform will need to be purchased. Ask for details.
Extra-curricular activities and community projects will be included.
Where it can take you
This qualification provides progression opportunities for those with intentions of working in a supervisory or more technical role or onto a Level 3 qualification.