What courses can I choose?
|Laboratory Science Technical Diploma||2||Diploma|
|Applied Science BTEC||3||Diploma or extended diploma||EDEXCEL|
|Biology - 19+ ACCREDITED COURSE||GCSE|
What will I learn?
Depending on your level, you’ll learn about:
- the three disciplines of applied science, chemistry, biology and physics
- chemistry laboratory techniques
- biology and the human body
- applications of chemical substances
- physics and electrical circuits
- health applications of life science
What qualification will I have?
Depending on which course you take, you’ll have a GCSE or an extended diploma in Applied Science.
How do I complete the course?
You’ll be assessed through a test, an assignment or a portfolio.
What can I do next?
With your qualification, you can apply for a job in:
- earth and environmental science
- chemical industry
- biomedical science
- marine biology
- hospital and health care
- water, gas and oil industries
- forensic psychology
- many industrial jobs
Alternatively you can take a related course at a higher level.