The science sector is one of the largest and most diverse in the UK, with jobs spanning sectors such as biomedical, pharmaceutical, food, forensic, dental, health, physical and chemical science. If you are interested in applying to Science courses in the Totton & Eling area and eventually working in science or health-related jobs, these courses can help you get there. You’ll learn in our fully-equipped labs from experienced teachers.
What courses can I choose?
|Laboratory Science Technical Diploma||2||Diploma|
|Applied Science BTEC||3||Diploma or extended diploma||EDEXCEL|
What will I learn?
Depending on your level, you’ll learn about:
- the three disciplines of applied science, chemistry, biology and physics
- chemistry laboratory techniques
- biology and the human body
- applications of chemical substances
- physics and electrical circuits
- health applications of life science
What qualification will I have?
Depending on which course you take, you’ll have a GCSE or an extended diploma in Applied Science.
How do I complete the course?
You’ll be assessed through a test, an assignment or a portfolio.
What can I do next?
With your qualification, you can apply for a job in:
- earth and environmental science
- chemical industry
- biomedical science
- marine biology
- hospital and health care
- water, gas and oil industries
- forensic psychology
- many industrial jobs
Alternatively you can take a related course at a higher level.