What will I learn?
You will learn skills like:
- talking with children and helping them to learn
- respecting children and keeping them safe
- encouraging children to eat healthily and be active
- involving children in group activities
- professional roles and responsibilities
- work experience and keeping a work log (reflective practice)
What can I do next?
With your qualification, you can apply for jobs including:
- nursery nurse
- special educational needs assistant
- preschool advisor
- play therapist
- school lunchtime supervisor
Alternatively you can take a related course at a higher level or apply for an apprenticeship in a related work area.