Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace for Senior Leaders
Totton College has launched a new course for business and SMEs in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in the workplace.
The one one-day interactive training session raises staff awareness around EDI and the role it has in the work environment.
As part of the courses, delegates will cover the following areas:
- Equality legislation: The Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty
- The importance of and benefit of an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace and practices
- The nine protected groups
- The different types of unlawful behaviour
- Unacceptable language and appropriate terminology
- How to challenge and tackle unwanted conduct/ language
- Unconscious bias as a form of discrimination
- Personal and organisational bias and how to tackle/ reduce it
- Clear action points generated from comprehensive best practice audits
The course costs £150* per person, and is due to take place Tuesday 19 March, 10.00am- 3:30pm at Totton College, Water Lane, Totton, Southampton, SO40 3ZX
Offer available for bookings made before 15 February 2019. Tickets will cost £225 per delegate after this date.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 02380 874872
Book your place: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/totton-college-17313802136