What will I learn?
You’ll learn the core knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to be a successful supply chain operator. These include:
- How to communicate effectively with customers/colleagues
- The structure of the industry, its methods and modes of transport, as well as the roles available in the general sector or in more specific roles
- The importance of delivering excellent customer service
- How to establish a good rapport with customers/colleagues; promote the values of the organisation or report threats to the organisation’s reputation
- How to safely move and handle different objects, both manually and with equipment, as well as within a team
- Take ownership and responsibility for your own safety and that of others at all time
You will also be able to choose one of the following modules:
- Traffic Office – among other things, this module will teach you how to be in full compliance with appropriate rules and legislation; how to use the Transport Management System (TMS); how to progress live jobs through the stages of delivery (including tracking vehicles, loads and temperatures); debriefing drivers, and the process for vehicle maintenance.
- Removals Operative – including how to plan jobs; processes for fragile/non-fragile or restricted/prohibited items; how to safely dismantle and reassemble furniture; use machinery safely, and prepare relevant documentation.
You work will be assessed through an electronic portfolio and practical assessments in the workplace by the tutor. At the end of the qualification, you’ll be assessed by an independent assessor.
The assessments include:
- Practical test
- Question and scenario test
N.B. 20% of the training must be off the job training – details of the elements included in the 20% off the job training are available on request.
A minimum of maths and English GCSE grade 3/D or equivalent or the ability to achieve a Level 2 functional skill.
You must achieve Level 1 or 2 English and maths prior to taking the final assessment.
- Learners with an EHCP will be reviewed on an individual basis
Career and progression
Once you’ve completed this apprenticeship, you can go on to further training, including:
- CMI Team Leader Supervisor Level 3
- CMI Operational/departmental Manager Level 5
- Supply Chain Practitioner Level 3
This apprenticeship can also help towards promotion to a managerial role.
Contact a tutor
Make an enquiry