You don’t have to have any experience in this subject but if you have, and have not been working in Health and Social Care sector for a while, it will refresh your knowledge as well as giving you the chance to gain an accredited qualification at level 1.
This qualification aims to assess your knowledge around the core areas, which relate to working in adult social care:
- Types of support available to adults
- Values and principles of adult social care
- Skills and attitudes needed to work in adult social care
- Communication in adult social care
- Role and responsibilities of the adult social care worker
To achieve this qualification you must complete 6 credits from the 5 mandatory units (as above) and provide evidence that you meet the requirements of the learning outcomes fully.
Evidence will be generated in a number of ways including:
- Case study
- Notes from discussions in lessons
- Group and pair work
Your award will be assessed by your assessor before being internally and externally moderated. Achievement at unit and qualification level is Pass or Fail and you will receive a certificate accordingly.
Where it could take you
On successful completion, you will be equipped to progress into a job in your chosen area. The apprenticeship employer will also give you a reference that shows your next employer that you’ve got the required skills. Sample jobs include:
• adult care worker
• healthcare assistant/support worker
• personal assistant.