You will learn how to:
- Follow health and safety practices in a vehicle maintenance workshop
- Safely use and maintain tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance
- Functions and components of the following systems:
- Basic electrical systems
You will also learn how to:
- Deal with problems in daily life
- Develop self-discipline and an understanding of industry expectations
- Understand the principles of staying safe on the road and the legislation surrounding road usage
- Develop an awareness of how your actions in the workplace effect the environment
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a portfolio.
You should have a keen interest in motor vehicles and a hands-on approach to learning.
All Totton College students have the benefit of undertaking at least 60 hours of relevant work experience to support their studies, gain experience and potentially develop contacts with future employers. Our careers team is available to help students secure work placements.
What can I do next?
The qualification has a practical approach to assessment including visual observation and questioning techniques, which will stimulate and interest you. The learning outcomes are assessed by a variety of task-based, observation, oral questioning and online assessments.