What will I learn?
You will study the following units:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise – Learn how the body’s skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular and respiratory systems work.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Fitness Environment.
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health – Learn how to train for strength, endurance and flexibility.
- Supporting clients who take part in physical activity – Learn how to communicate effectively with clients and motivate them to maintain an exercise programme.
- Plan and teach gym-based training sessions – Learn how to teach clients to use cardiovascular machines, resistance machines, body weight exercises and free weights (barbells and dumbbells).
How will I be assessed?
- Two multiple choice theory exams.
- Two worksheets.
- Continuous assessment of your teaching.
- A session plan.
- A one hour final assessment of your teaching.
Open to those with a genuine interest in fitness and literacy skills at Grade 4 or equivalent.
What can I do next?
Employment in a gym/health club, progression to Level 3 Personal Trainer qualification