What will I learn?
- Advance key skills to support progression to management.
- Become skilled in the use of multiple IT packages and systems to write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes or record and analyse data. You’ll be able to choose the most appropriate IT solution to suit the business problem, update and review databases, record information and produce data analyses where required.
- Learn how to build and maintain positive relationships within your team and across the organisation.
- Develop good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms.
- Apply problem-solving skills to resolve challenging or complex complaints and is a key point of contact for addressing issues.
- Use relevant project management principles and tools to scope, plan, monitor and report.
- Plan required resources to successfully deliver projects, and lead projects as and when required.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of organisation and wider business environment
- Understand organisational purpose, activities, aims, values, vision for the future, resources and the way that the political/economic environment affects the organisation.
- Learn about organisational structure and demonstrate understanding of how your work benefits the organisation.
- Develop practical knowledge of managing stakeholders and their differing relationships to an organisation.
- Understand laws and regulations that apply to their role including data protection, health & safety, compliance etc.
- Learn how to develop your professional behaviours and positive contribution to culture
- Behave in a professional way, including personal presentation, respect and attitude towards colleagues, customers and key stakeholders. You will adhere to the organisation’s social media code of conduct.
- Show exemplary qualities, including integrity, reliability, self-motivation, proactivity and a positive attitude. Motivates others where responsibility is shared
- Take responsibility for your own work, accepts feedback in a positive way, uses initiative and shows resilience.
- Be able to accept and deal with changing priorities related to both your own work and the organisation.
Throughout the programme you’ll create a portfolio of evidence. The end point assessment consists of:
- A portfolio based Q&A, lasting 40-45 minutes (40%)
- A knowledge test, lasting 60 minutes (20%)
- A project/improvement presentation, lasting 20-30 minutes (40%)
N.B. 20% of the training must be off the job training – details of the elements included in the 20% off the job training are available on request.
Ideally, the apprentice you will have achieved grades 9 – 4 (A* – C) in Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent), however, we can provide support to obtain this level of qualification through functional skills training. If required, this will require additional college attendance.
Career and progression
Once you’ve completed this apprenticeship, you can go on to further training, including:
- Level 4 Business Administration
- Level 2 Team Leading and Supervisor
- Level 3 CMI Management
This qualification will also give you transferable skills that can be used within other departments, such as:
The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.