Vehicle Technology Apprenticeship Level 2
Duration: Not specified
The Intermediate level Apprentices at Level 2 (Service Technician) will learn how to diagnose, test and repair light vehicles by carrying out routine light vehicle maintenance and inspections including servicing, repairing and replacing faulty parts and maintaining records.
"96% of employers that take on an apprentice report benefits to their business" (National Apprenticeship Service).
About the course
The Vehicle Maintenance Apprenticeship is a 15-18 month programme, with apprentices attending College 1 day per week to study for the following knowledge elements:
* Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence;
* Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles;
* Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT at level 1. Some learners are exempt due to prior attainment;
* An introduction to the world of work and develop knowledge of employee rights & responsibilities, health & safety and equality & diversity;
* Transferable skills such as independent enquiry; creative thinking; reflective learning; team working; self-management; and effective participation.
How is the course assessed?
Much of the training will be undertaken 'on the job', supported by regular visits from a qualified assessor.
As well as the 1 day a week in college, the apprentice will be assessed within the workplace every 4-6 weeks.
Ideally the apprentice will have achieved grades A*-C in Maths & English GCSE(or equivalent), however we can provide support to obtain this level of qualification through functional skills training. This will require additional college attendance.
Job roles for apprentices: Light Vehicle Service Technician Carry out routine light vehicle maintenance and inspections including servicing, repairing and replacing faulty parts and maintaining records
Telephone: 023 8087 4874